Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Ten on Tuesday #3 - 5/31/11

Yes, I know... I'm a day late... so today is ToToW :)

1. From your childhood, what do you miss most about summer vacation?
What I miss most about being a child in general… to be worry-free & having fun all the time!  (Minus the summer camps I had to go to)

2. Are you going anywhere on vacation this summer?I’m going to Pittsburgh on July 4th weekend to visit friends and see Kenny Chesney (summer staple) and Finger Lakes, NY the first weekend of August with some friends.  I’ve never been there, so I’m really excited!
Me & Meg at Kenny 2008
3. What foods do you like to barbecue?The usual… hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, kabobs.  Yum!!  Nothing like a burger fresh off the grill!

4. How do you celebrate the fourth of July?Every year it’s different!  Sometimes I go over my parent’s house.  They live on a lake and one of their neighbors across the lake shoots of fireworks… it’s amazing!  They invite a bunch of neighbors over for a cookout and it’s always a lot of fun.  Of course this year there’s no water in the lake, so who knows what will happen L  In my younger years, we went to OC, MD, which was always FUN!  Last year I went to a York Revolution game and this year I’ll be in Pittsburgh.  Who knows what next year will bring!

Ocean City, MD - July 4, 2004

5. What’s your favorite beverage to drink in the summertime?
It seems like wine is fundamental in the summer… many wine festivals and lawn concerts at local wineries!  I’ll also take a good margarita, cold beer or iced tea.  I’m not picky!

6. What movie are you looking forward to seeing this summer?
Oh so many!  The Hangover Part II (which I saw this past weekend… hilarious!!); Friends with Benefits; Bad Teacher; Crazy, Stupid, Love; The Help (read the book!); Transformers (maybe)… and the one about the kids shooting the video when the train wrecks.  And I’m sure lots more I can’t think of! J

7. In the car: windows down or AC?
Well when my car says 101o, I’m all about AC!!  But I love the windows down when the weather is nice.  And so does Shelby!  Or I'll put the windows down for Shelby & turn the AC on for me! haha!

8. Have you ever had a summer fling?
Nothing that ever lasted… but had lots of fun with boys at the beach!

9. Do you wear sunscreen?
Everyday on my face; otherwise only if I know I’m going to be outside for a long period of time or I will BURN.  Bad, I know.

10. Do you have any favorite summertime activities?
See #5 – wine!  Going to baseball games (local & MLB), going to restaurants based on their outside deck, getting together with friends on their deck, long weekends, going to the beach (when I can), walks late at night, sunbathing & wearing flip flops with every outfit!

7 Springs Wine Festival (2009)

HAPPY SUMMER!!!

1 comment:

  1. This blog site is pretty cool!!

    Ok, after reading this 2 things came to mind...
    1: The girls at the wine festival last weekend were JUST talking about Finger Lakes, NY and how they do a huge wine festival in August where you get to go to cool wineries right off the lake for a weekend long festival...is that what you're doing and if so, can I sneak into your suitcase?! :)

    2nd....I say 4th of July 2012 happens in High Point, NC or at the very least in OBX but prices will be too high so come see meeeeee!! ;)

    ReplyDelete