3 teaspoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 pound ground turkey
2 cups water
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans – drained, rinsed and half mashed
2 tablespoons chili powder
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Cook onions, peppers and garlic in half the oil until tender.
2. Heat the other half of the oil in a pot. Place turkey in the pot, and cook until evenly brown.
3. Stir in onion mixture.
4. Pour water into the pot. Mix in tomatoes and kidney beans.
5. Season with chili powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt and pepper.
6. Bring to a boil.
7. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
I like cheese & sour cream on my chili... and a few Fritos. YUM!