For a snacky dessert, I made Sweet & Salty Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars... and they were a-maz-ing!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter, divided
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 4 cups (roughly 1/2-inch pieces), broken small pretzel twists, divided
- 2 cups (12 oz package) semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
1. Line 13 x 9 inch baking pan with foil leaving an overhang on two sides. Lightly spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Beat 1 1/4 cups peanut butter and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in 1 cup powdered sugar. Stir in remaining 1 cup powdered sugar.
|If you do not have one of these, go get one! It makes measuring peanut butter so much easier!|
3. Stir in 3 cups pretzel pieces and 1/2 cup morsels. Press evenly into prepared baking pan. Smooth top with spatula.
4. Microwave remaining 1 1/2 cups morsels and 3/4 cup peanut butter in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on medium-high (70%) power for 45 seconds. Stir. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15 minute second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
5. Spread chocolate layer evenly over powered sugar mixture.
6. Sprinkle with the remaining pretzel pieces, pressing down lightly. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until firm.
7. Lift from pan; peel off foil. Cut into pieces and store in covered container in refrigerator.
Find original recipe here.