Thursday, June 2, 2011

Memories in the Attic

This past Sunday I went into my parent's attic to clean out some of my junk.  Of what I went through, 45% was from high school, 45% was *NSYNC memorabilia, and the remaining 10% was toys & other random stuff.

I loved looking through all of it!!  Each box was a new treasure.  Some things I looked at and thought, "Why in the heck did I keep that?!" and other things made me cherish the past and realize how lucky I was to have such great experiences and great friends!

I threw away many things, including an entire box of VHS tapes that I had taped every time *NSYNC was on television...

(Don't think it was easy...)

I also found a bonnet in a box of Cabbage Patch dolls... I think it might have been mine??  Either way, my first thought was to see how it looked on Shelby...


Adorable!!!  (of course)

My favorite part of the day was all the stuff from high school I found, including my SHS school ID from my senior year (98!!)... 

...tons of band pictures, programs from the plays and musicals I did, and my most treasured - handmade gifts and notes from friends.  
This note was from my friend Marci who is still one of my bestest friends.  I don't remember why or when she gave it to me (and she doesn't either), but I think it is timeless and will cherish it forever!!

After hours in the hot garage and attic, it was time to clean up.  

But what to do with 8 naked Barbies with melted legs??  

What to do....





"Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose." 
~ from The Wonder Years

2 comments:

  1. Love what you did with the Barbies!! I like that quote...must copy it into the book....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I have a box of high school stuff in my closet I still can't part with!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete