Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ten on Tuesday #8


1. What do you traditionally do for 4th of July?
I actually do not have 4th of July traditions!  Back in the day when I was a kid, I would go lay on a blanket & watch fireworks with my parents.  Then in my college days, we went to Ocean City, MD every 4th of July holiday.  Now, every year it changes!  Last year I went to a York Revolution baseball game and this year I went to Pittsburgh to see Kenny Chesney!  If I’m able, I do go to my parent’s house for fireworks and/or cookout.

7/4/10 - York Revolution game

2. Did you follow your tradition this year? How did you celebrate yesterday (aka 7/4)?
Well on Sunday night I did follow some tradition and went to my parent’s house to watch fireworks and have dinner.  Monday was actually kind of laid back and boring!  Went to dinner with some friends and then read all night!  (Had 200 pages to read in 24 hours… oops!)

3. What’s the best fireworks show you’ve ever seen?
Lately I would have to say at my parent’s house!  They live on a small lake and one of the neighbors shoots them off over the lake.  Everyone has parties and cookouts around the lake in the afternoon and then watches the fireworks together – it’s really neat!

4. Have you ever been injured by a firecracker?
No – thank goodness!!  (knock on wood!)

5. Burger, Brat, or Hot Dog?
Definitely NOT a Brat… it depends on the day if I want a hot dog or cheeseburger (it has to have cheese!)  Normally I want both and I can schmooze someone into splitting one of them with me!

6. Do you sport red, white and blue on our Independence Day?
Sometimes… sadly this year I did not… I did wear white… does that count?  Last year I wore red - see question #1.

7. If you had to be from any country other than the USA, what country would it be?
I honestly have no idea?  I don’t think I would want to live anywhere else?!?  Plus, I can’t really make a truly educated guess, so I’ll plead the fifth.

8. Charcoal or gas?
Gas
Shout out to my grill! =P
9. What’s your favorite thing about this fair country of ours?
Freedom

And most importantly - I love our troops for protecting our freedom!

10. God Bless the USA, My Country Tis of Thee, or the Star Spangled Banner?

God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood
Although I do love singing the Star Spangled Banner at sporting events!



"What is freedom? Freedom is the right to choose: the right to create for yourself the alternatives of choice. Without the possibility of choice and the exercise of choice a man is not a man but a member, an instrument, a thing."
     — Archibald MacLeish

No comments:

Post a Comment