Thursday, July 21, 2011

Mushroom Blue Cheese Turkey Burgers

(I'm going to attempt to try a new recipe once a week... wish me luck!)

I had some ground turkey in the freezer, so I found a recipe on allrecipes.com (my favorite recipe website!) - Mushroom Blue Cheese Turkey Burgers.

INGREDIENTS

1 pound ground turkey










8 ounces fresh mushrooms 









1 onion












2 tablespoons soy sauce (I didn't have soy sauce, so I used worcester sauce)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese.

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat grill for high heat
2. Finely chop onion & mushroom


















3. Mix together ground turkey, mushrooms, onion and soy sauce (or worcester sauce).















4. Season with salt and pepper and form into patties.














5.  Place patties on the prepared grill and cook for 10 minutes per side, or until well done.  Top with blue cheese during the last few minutes (I actually mixed the blue cheese in the burger mixture).

















I used a little Chipotle Mayo & tomato on a whole wheat hamburger bun... it was pretty good!  Very tasty!  

1 comment:

  1. Yummy yummy! I want me some turkey meat burgers! By the way thanks for commenting on my post. Cute blog. Wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete