Sunday, September 4, 2011

Baked Eggplant and Zucchini

During the hurricane, I decided to try a recipe I had seen online... it was simple and delish!!


Ingredients:
2 cups tomato sauce
1 small eggplant, cut into long slabs
2 small zucchini, cut into long slabs
1 cup each shredded fontina and parmesan
1/3 cup torn basil


As you can see I made some minor adjustments... I added mushrooms and used a 6 Cheese Italian blend cheese.

Directions:

1. Spread 1/2 cup sauce in 9-by-13-inch baking dish; top with eggplant, zucchini, 3/4 cup sauce and half of each cheese and basil; repeat. Bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees.

First layer...

Second layer (I forgot to put the mushrooms on before the sauce & cheese)

After... yummm...


It was pretty tasty!!  Next time I would slice the eggplant and zucchini thinner.  I also added some Tastefully Simple Italian Seasoning mix which helped give it some flavor.  


No comments:

Post a Comment