Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Osama bin Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden

March 10, 1957 – May 2, 2011
Video of President Obama on dealth of Osama bin Laden:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNYmK19-d0U

Another moment in history… where were you when you found out Osama bin Laden was killed by US Navy Seals?

I had just gone to bed and was checking Facebook when I read, “Osama bin Laden is dead! God bless America!”  I immediately went to Twitter where refreshing every second brought more and more info.  I found it incredible  Here are some of my favorite Facebook status updates & tweets regarding this moment in history.

Some tweets from random celebrities…

Paris Hilton - "Just landed back in L.A., so happy to hear the news of Osama bin Laden's death. He was the face of terrorism and such an evil man. The world is a much better place with him not in it." 

Jim Carrey - "Wow! They killed the Boogieman! I felt something was in the air tonight! Bin Laden era over!"

Katy Perry - "I am relieved in some ways, but have a feeling of uncertainty now. I believe in justice, but don't you think that an eye for an eye will make the world blind?"

Charlie Sheen - "Dead or Alive. WE PREFER DEAD! Well done SEAL team!"

Ryan Seacrest - “Being in NYC late last night was incredible. People chanting “USA! USA!” Bars handing out American flags & free champagne.”

Bethenny Frankel - “Wow. Osama bin laden is dead. That will make people sleep better at night. Monster.”



Status updates from my friends…

“It's a new moon today, which means it's a great time for new beginnings!” (I don’t know if this was intended for what happened, but thought it was appropriate!)

“Let's be clear on this: OBAMA did NOT kill Bin Laden. An American soldier, who Obama just a few weeks ago was debating on whether or not to PAY, did. Obama just happened to be the one in office when our soldiers finally found Osama and took him out. This is NOT an Obama victory, but an AMERICAN victory!!”

"I will mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that. ~Martin Luther King Jr”

“May 1, 1945: Hitler confirmed dead. May 1, 2011: Bin Laden confirmed dead.”

“Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one. ~John Lennon”

“I'm proud to be an American. Proud to have our freedoms and So very proud of our soldiers and Veterans!. GOD HAS BLESSED AMERICA!”

"It is unusual to celebrate a death, but today Americans and decent people the world over cheer the news that madman, murderer and terrorist Osama Bin Laden is dead.  ~Mike Huckabee”





No comments:

Post a Comment