1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes, if you use salt-free then add salt to taste
1 (10 oz) can creamed corn
1 cup skim or low fat milk
1/2 medium onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons olive oil
about 3-4 green onion stalks, chopped
additional salt and pepper to taste
- Heat medium pot, add olive oil. Once oil is hot, add onion and garlic and cook until transluscent.
- Add canned tomatoes. Cook for about 3 minutes until combined well with onion/garlic mixture.
- Add canned creamed corn and milk. Stir to combine evenly, then slowly bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, add green onions and salt/pepper to taste.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until soup is combined well.
- Serve warm with your favorite bread or crackers.
You can find the original recipe by clicking here.
I could not find green onion stalks, so I omitted those. It was definitely easy to fix and was good, but slightly bland. It definitely needed some more spices.
Here is a pic from the original blog:
And here is how mine turned out: