Friday, March 22, 2013

Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins

One day I logged onto Pinterest and saw this...

Looks yummy right?  Well it's also healthy!  I had to try it!  Original website w/ recipe can be found here.

Ingredients:
2.5 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup plain low fat greek yogurt
2 eggs
1/2 cup honey
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 TBSP ground flax seed
1 tsp vanilla
2 ripe bananas

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray tin with non-stick cooking spray or line 12 muffin tins with silicone or foil liners.

2. Place the oats in the food processor and pulse for about 10 seconds.
My parents got me this blender for my birthday and it has a food processor attachment! 
3. Add remaining ingredients to the food processor & process until everything is mixed together and oats are smooth.

4. Divide batter among cupcake liners, and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.

For some reason I totally forgot to take an after picture?!  But it looked like a normal muffin.  I thought they were very tasty for not having any flour or sugar!

I would make them again... but add some nuts or chocolate chips. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment